Sunday, March 30, 2008

new fangled computer journals

I have just made the transition from spiral notebooks to my laptop. It's strange. It's less romantic; less old-fashioned, of course. There was something appealing to keeping notebooks. It's a hard copy of everything you've experienced, something to look back on later in life and marvel at the things and people you used to like and hate. I've been keeping a journal since I was eleven years old, and I find it hard to read the things I once wrote with pride. Most of the entries are about people I haven't seen or heard of in years, some I don't even remember. Everything seemed so important, but I guess nothing has changed since then. I still have my minuscule tribulations that occupy my mind and writing hand the majority of the time that I'm conscious; they're mostly about people. Sometimes, on occasion, I write about nothing, which is a nice change from complaining about the people I deal with on a daily basis. This will be different than what I'm used to. It's a literary adventure. I'm no Diablo Cody, but we'll see how this works out.

No comments: